
The website that really caught my attention is http://www.egretwest.com/ since I felt it was eye catching with its use of movement as each dot bounces it way across the screen and the way these dots then represented the links. I was also intrigued by the way animation was incorporated without even using the mouse to activate it. The first thought I had when I viewed this site and saw the many colored dots on the page was abundance. Then when I clicked on the multitude of dots, each dot came to life and I felt this website was a definite collaboration showcasing many different talents. These distinct qualities of this website made it totally different from other websites; it has its own unique personality, not just a typical template feel. There was an abundance of information packed into the website, but it was easy to identify one link at a time thus it didn't overwhelm the viewer since they are able to pick the links at their own pace and able to rearrange the dots in a few different categories. The colors used are wisely thought of, since there were 3 different shade of red, with the font in a contrasting grey, making it very eye-pleasing.
I believe this website is an example of web art and web design. This site is very practical and easy to use similar to concepts of design. I would also consider the website to be art due to the animation throughout the website. These are qualities I would love to achieve when creating my personal website.
No comments:
Post a Comment