Monday, May 10, 2010

biennale



Over the past few days I have volunteered at the Biennale. I have worked with Choi Jeong Hwa installing his piece called Hubble Bubble which is located at the Sydney Opera House. I was able to get a grasp on this piece after helping creating and installing the piece. Hubble Bubble is about consumerism. The piece is constructed out of many baskets that are made of out plastic. In Korea, they are cheaply produced and commonly used to collect food. The baskets also consist of a bright green color that looks different based on the sunlight; sometimes they are glowing similar to a forest and representing nature. One of the memorable lines I remember Choi saying about Hubble Bubble, "the color is bright, but the message is not bright". We should be respectful and be appreciative of nature. Also the piece is relatively simple, a good message I should think about in my website. I don't want to the audience to be lost or confused in my concept. Currently I am working on an animation that would be an opener for the website.

1 comment:

  1. wow.... bet that was hard work .. but totally rewarding. He's a fgr8 artist. Respect his intent and ability to work across genres and diciplines too. Do you know Ash Keating (Melbourne artist)?

    ReplyDelete